New International Market Development Fund now open
11 Jun 2019
The new International Market Development Fund combines funding from two existing Creative New Zealand funds – the International Initiatives Presentation Fund and the Asian Performing Arts Market Travel Fund.
However, performing artists and companies now have the opportunity to apply for support to showcase work at and attend strategic international performing arts markets as delegates.
Three rounds will be offered each financial year, between 30 June 2019 to 1 July 2020.
Creative New Zealand’s Senior Manager for Arts Development Services, Cath Cardiff, says “streamlining our offering will make it easier to support the development of international audiences, markets, networks and opportunities for NZ artists, producers and companies. This change will simplify the process from an applicant’s point of view,” she adds.
The three options available to artists, producers or arts organisations under this fund are:
- Up to $50,000 for the international presentation and touring of visual, craft and performing arts: plus $2,500 to support presenters to view your work overseas
- Up to 50% of total costs to showcase at an international performing arts market: to a maximum of $30,000
- Up to $3,500 to attend an international performing arts market as a delegate.
For options 2 and 3, applicants can apply for funding to showcase at or attend performing arts markets which align with their international strategies/goals. Examples include:
- APAP – Association of Performing Arts Professional (New York)
- ChinaSPAF (Shanghai)
- IPAY – International Performing Arts for Youth (Philadelphia)
- PAMS – Performing Arts Market in Seoul
- PAX Australia (Sunshine Coast)
- TPAM – Performing Arts Meeting in Yokohama
- WAA Western Arts Alliance (Los Angeles).
Who can apply to this fund?
You can apply if you:
- have received an invitation to present, exhibit, tour internationally as a result of one of our international initiatives.
- have a confirmed showcase at an international performing arts market. For Asian arts markets, we also accept confirmation of pitches.
- wish to attend an international performing arts market as a delegate with the aim of exploring presentation opportunities and building networks.
The current round closes on 5 July 2019.