25 Feb 2010
This content is tagged as Creative NZ .
Creative New Zealand is seeking expressions of interest from entities who are interested in taking ownership of toi iho™.
Late last year Creative New Zealand announced it would no longer invest in toi iho™, and the funds that supported it have been allocated to other Creative New Zealand Māori arts development initiatives.
The following process has been developed to engage with entities interested in taking ownership of the brand.
1. Initial expressions of interest are sought by 5 March 2010.
2. A detailed proposal from interested entities is requested by 7 April 2010 setting out:
• The credentials of the entity and people who intend to own and manage the brand and their relevant experience with Māori artists, retailers and brand management.
• The proposed legal and ownership structure
• The resources (people, time and money) the entity currently has to manage the brand; and intends to attract to manage the brand
The Arts Council of Creative New Zealand, with advice from Te Waka Toi (the Māori Arts Board), will assess the proposals and advise applicants of the outcome by June 2010.
Toi iho™ is a brand designed to denote the quality and authenticity of Māori art. It includes the trademarks, toi iho™ Māori Made, toi iho™ Mainly Māori made, toi iho™ Māori Co-production and toi iho™ Licensed Stockist.
Initial expressions of interest should be emailed by 5 March 2010 to email@example.com.
For information please contact:
04 473 0880
021 244 4016