Emerging Jewellers Boot Camp
20 Sep 2010
Ashley Gorge, Canterbury
12 – 14th February 2011
Are you a recent graduate of a jewellery course in Aotearoa?
Do you aspire to improve your practice and make ambitious and excellent jewellery that is engaged on both a national and international level?
Areta Wilkinson, Caroline Billing, Damian Skinner, Karl Chitham, Studio La Gonda and Warwick Freeman present a unique professional development workshop in Ashley Gorge (one hour outside Christchurch) from 12th – 14th February 2011.
The registration cost will be $100 per person and includes accommodation and self-catered meals for the workshop period.
Base camp for the 3-day workshop will be Ashley Gorge Holiday Park, Bunkhouse Complex www.ashleygorgeholidaypark.co.nz/index.html
Everyone who attends will be required to give a formal PowerPoint presentation about their work, no more than 10 mins long, and you must be prepared to actively participate in the critique sessions, discussions and activities that will take place during the weekend. We anticipate an intense but fun, whanau atmosphere.
Only 15 participants will be selected to attend this interactive workshop.
Invitation to apply:
- You are a graduate of a jewellery course in Aotearoa (up to 5 years out) or are self-taught with equivalent practice and experience.
- You can demonstrate an emerging professional practice portfolio because you are exhibiting new artwork and initiating exciting projects.
- You are committed to an engagement with the contemporary jewellery discourse, and receptive to constructive critique & strategies to grow your practice.
Your application must communicate a competent level of professionalism and this will also be critiqued during the workshop if you are selected.Please email your submission no later than 15 October 2010 toCaroline Billing with the following:
- A covering letter no more than 300 words.
- An artist statement no more than 300 words.
- A one page CV.
- Five images that best represent your artwork.
- Slide list with image titles, description, materials, dimensions, year.
Selection will be made by 31 October 2010 and notification will follow.Further information will be sent out on acceptance.
158 High St
+64 3 3663893