Australian Performing Arts Market (APAM): First Timers Programme
This new programme helps first time Australia Performing Arts Market (APAM) attendees get the most out of this important market for contemporary performing arts professionals in the Asia Pacific region. We are offering support for up to four New Zealand artists/producers to participate in February 2018.
- Find out who got funded recently
NZ$2,500 towards travel, accommodation and registration.
3 Nov 2017
Who can apply
To apply for Creative New Zealand funding, you:
- must be a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or organisation
- cannot be a Creative New Zealand staff member or a member of the Arts Council.
Late reports and breaches of agreements
We cannot fund you if you, your organisation, or key members of your team:
- are more than 16 weeks overdue with a report for a previous grant or investment
- are in breach of the conditions of a current funding agreement
- were in 'default' of a funding agreement and sent in a late report in the six months prior to the closing date for a new application.
Eligibility for APAM First Timers Programme
To be eligible for support to participate in this new programme applicants must be:
- a first time attendee at APAM
- available to fully participate in the programme during APAM from 19 – 23 February 2018 and in an online meeting in early February 2018.
Participants will be required to have prepared the following:
- business cards
- a two-minute elevator pitch
- video content and images promoting current works you will reference/market at APAM 2108.
As part of the programme you will be given the guidance and tools you need to get the most out of APAM so you can:
- experience deeper engagement
- expand international networks
- build your confidence in attending and participating in international markets
- develop a strategic approach to attending an international market.
You will be matched with an APAM industry consultant who will engage with you online before the event and at APAM as part of a curated programme. Your consultant will help you make connections and you’ll be able to ask them questions at any time during the market. You’ll also be guaranteed one ‘speed dating’ session with a presenter of your choice.
What we fund
Up to four delegates will receive NZ$2,500 towards international travel costs, accommodation and APAM registration (AUD$ 759).
What is APAM?
APAM is the premier industry event for contemporary performing arts in Australia and the Asia Pacific Region. It brings the sector together to:
- exchange ideas
- experience new Australian and New Zealand work
- engage in critical dialogue
- build skills and partnerships
- find new collaborators and investors
- explore touring opportunities,
- network with national and international peers.
APAM 2018 is presented by the Australia Council for the Arts in partnership with Brisbane Powerhouse. Brisbane City Council is the principal supporter of APAM. The Queensland Government, through Arts Queensland and Tourism and Events Queensland, also supports the event.
Downloads (application forms and criteria)
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity:
- Start your application online (you may need to register first)
- Gather support material (including your CV and letter of support)
- Submit your application online by 5pm Friday 3 November.
Applications are assessed by external assessors. In consultation with Creative New Zealand and APAM staff they will make recommendations to Creative New Zealand’s Senior Manager, Arts Funding, Capability and International for a decision.
Applications will be assessed on:
- how well the application aligns with the purpose of the APAM First Timers programme
- your capacity to develop international networks and work in an international context.
Applicants will be notified by 1 December 2017
We also list successful applicants on who got funded
A project completion report using our report template is required within 12 weeks of the project end date. To be considered for further funding, your report needs to be submitted on time.