Audience strategy workshops
These half-day interactive workshops led by The Audience Connection will help you create or update an existing Audience Development Strategy so it has real impact.
With the multiple leisure options now available it’s important to develop strategies to retain and cultivate your audiences while also attracting new, diverse audiences.
You will learn:
- how to develop an audience strategy that meaningfully connects to your organisation’s mission
- audience behaviours and decision-making
- why audience engagement is a priority for everyone in your organisation
- how to answer the question “Who is our audience?” using effective audience segmentation
- about innovative strategies and real examples from arts organisations
- how to develop your strategy using a practical and proven template that you can adapt to your individual organisation
- from others in the sector grappling with similar challenges.
Each workshop is followed by limited one-to-one coaching by appointment. You will receive practical advice on your specific audience development challenge.
Who is it for?
CEOs, executive directors, audience development and marketing professionals from any size organisation, venue or gallery and across artforms. Up to 30 places are available in each workshop and priority will be given to staff from organisations in the Toi Tōtara Haemata and the Toi Uru Kahikatea investment programmes.
When and where?
- Christchurch: 8 February, 2018
- Wellington: 12 February, 2018
- Auckland: 2 March, 2018
Timetable for the day
- Workshop: 9.30am – 12.30pm
- Executive Networking Lunch: 12.30pm – 1.30pm (senior management and board members of organisations are invited).
- Coaching: 2pm – 5pm, an opportunity to apply for limited one-to-one coaching sessions following the workshops
$50 plus GST per person (includes networking lunch).
Audience Atlas New Zealand 2017 research workshops
We’ll be announcing the results of the Audience Atlas New Zealand 2017 research in June 2018. These practical workshops will help you implement the research findings so you can grow your audience, revenue and supporter base.
The workshops will include key trends and valuable insights from the research, interactive breakouts and actionable resources.
Registrations will open in April 2018. Organisations can register up to three people. Places are limited and priority will be given to staff from organisations in the Toi Tōtara Haemata and the Toi Uru Kahikatea investment programmes.
Content will include how to use the data to:
- understand the market for culture in your region
- identify your the current, lapsed and potential audiences for your artform
- identify artform trends and audience cross-over in your region
- build philanthropic support for your organisation
- identify and attract volunteers to support the delivery of your programmes
- engage digitally with your audience.
When, where and how much?
Auckland, Wellington and Dunedin:
June 2018 (specific dates TBC)
$50 plus GST per person
About Audience Atlas New Zealand
In 2010, 2014 and again in 2017, Creative New Zealand has commissioned Morris Hargreaves McIntyre to produce Audience Atlas New Zealand.
Audience Atlas New Zealand (pdf 3.7 MB)
The largest survey of cultural audiences of its kind in New Zealand, Audience Atlas provides detailed insight into New Zealanders’ relationships with arts and culture. Arts organisations can use it to increase engagement with their audiences. The research covers 39 artforms and leisure activities and measures lapsed, current and potential markets using Culture Segments, a segmentation system for arts, culture and heritage organisations.
For further information, please contact Helen Bartle firstname.lastname@example.org or Grace Sinclair email@example.com