Seeking your feedback in our Dance Review
28 Aug 2013
Creative New Zealand is reviewing how we can best support and develop dance in New Zealand.
Our Dance review includes Creative New Zealand’s responsibilities for dance, the key roles in the dance infrastructure we fund, and how we prioritise our funding so New Zealanders have access to and can participate in high-quality dance experiences.
We are seeking your feedback via an online forum. Please use this forum to express your views and debate the ways Creative New Zealand and the dance sector can respond to the challenges and opportunities facing the sector.
We are sending notices about the forum through a number of organisations and apologise if you receive notification about the forum a number of times.
What is on the forum site?
To get the online discussion started we invited six dance practitioners to write about the challenges and opportunities faced by the dance sector. They were also asked to suggest what Creative New Zealand and the sector should be doing over the next five years to better support dance in New Zealand.
The think piece topics and authors are:
- Ngā Toi Māori dance, including customary and contemporary dance - Lousie Potiki-Bryant
- Pacific dance, including customary and contemporary dance - Iosefa Enari
- Dance participation in New Zealand - Dr Tania Kopytko
- Developing high-quality New Zealand dance - Malia Johnston
- New Zealanders experience high-quality New Zealand dance, including the touring and distribution of high quality dance within New Zealand - Amanda Skoog
- New Zealand dance achieving international success - Raewyn Hill Content posted in forum reflect the views of the participants.
We do not take responsibility for its accuracy, nor does the content reflect the policy or views of Creative New Zealand.
How do I give my feedback?
Follow the links in this email to view the forum or a think piece summary. Within each summary is a link to the full think piece. We urge you to read the full think piece before posting a comment.
You can post your comments on the forum until 5pm on Monday 16 September. You will need to register for the forum by providing a username, password and an email address. To help readers understand who is contributing to the forum, please consider using your full given name as your username.
You can also address general inquiries and comments about the review by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Dance review, PO Box 3806, Wellington
We value your feedback, which will be critical to the success of the review.