We've opened a number of funding opportunities before the holiday break
18 Dec 2019
As signalled, we’ve opened a number of funding opportunities this week. It’ll be 2020 before we know it! This item highlights these newly-opened funds and provides other key funding updates, so you have the information you need ahead of the Christmas and New Year break.
- See our new funding calendar to June 2020
- Closing times for all funding opportunities in 2020 will be changing from 5pm on a Friday to 1pm on a Friday.
- Our offices are closed from 5pm Tuesday 24 December, reopening on Monday 6 January.
Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season.
Nāu te rourou, nāku te rourou, ka ora ai te iwi
With your food basket and my food basket the people will thrive
We’ve improved our application guidelines
Now all in one place online, we’ve streamlined our funding guidelines to make it easier to find the information you need to make a strong application.
Te Puāwaitanga - EOIs in February 2020
Next February we’ll be seeking expressions of interest from eligible Māori and/or Pacific led arts organisations with an emphasis on access and distribution to take part in Te Puāwaitanga.
New funds opened
Funds opened this week, closing 7 February 2020
Funds opened this week, closing 14 February 2020
- International Market Development Fund 2020: Round 1
- Toi Rangatahi Participation Fund
- Toi Rangatahi Engagement Fund
- Toi Rangatahi Leadership Fund
Funds opened this week, closing 28 February 2020
- Arts Grants $10k - $75k
- NEW: Creative New Zealand Pasifika Curator Residency in partnership with Tautai
- NEW: Moana Nui a Kiva Fund – for collaborative arts projects between Aotearoa and Oceania
- Louis Johnson New Writer’s Bursary
- Edwin Carr Foundation Scholarship 2020
- Jack McGill Music Scholarship 2020
- New Zealand/Aotearoa Music Scholarships 2020
- Toi Ake Fund – to cultivate and retain heritage ngā toi Māori
Funds opened this week, closing 3 April 2020
NEW funds opening in 2020
- Ngā Toi ā Rohe: new fund focusing on arts in the regions to open in 2020 – opens 9 March 2020
- Annual Arts Grants (present a regular or continuous programme of activity over 12-months and/or produce or present a significant event/project) – opens 14 April 2020
See our new funding calendar to June 2020 for other opportunities
Who got funded
- Arts Grants up to $10,000 | 2019 Round 2 – Closed 4 Oct 2019
- Todd New Writer's Bursary recipient responds to need for diverse perspectives
- Update on Creative New Zealand’s strategy for investment and funding programmes in 2020
- The realities of contestable arts funding – from Arts Council Chair Michael Moynahan