Artists Alliance Mentoring Programme 2015 | Call for Applications
11 Nov 2014
The Artists Alliance Mentoring Programme 2015 is now calling for applications from recent graduates. The aim of the programme is to provide a valuable opportunity for emerging artists to focus on their career with the help of anexperienced mentor. The programme has been made possible with generous funding from the ASB Community Trust.
Mentors will provide advice and guidance in the following ways:
- Providing advice about professional practice
- By helping to develop the skills needed for effective networking and approaching curators in public institutions
- and dealers in private galleries
- Assisting with the completion of applications and proposals for exhibition involvement.
- Giving an open dialogue and practical direction for discussing ideas
- Giving mentees the confidence to pursue a career in the visual arts once they have left the supportive structure
- of the art school environment
In addition to the twenty hours of guidance from each mentor, each mentee accepted onto the Mentoring Programme will receive a complimentary membership to Artists Alliance for the year (valued at $42).
Mentor Pool – Who is guiding the future of New Zealand Art?
The Artists Alliance Mentoring Programme has a large pool of mentors to draw on which means each accepted mentee will be appropriately matched with the best arts practitioner in terms of what the mentee wishes to achieve. The programme will take into consideration (but is not limited to); the medium they work in, the networks they are hoping to develop; and where they would like to situate themselves within the art world both in New Zealand and internationally.
- Due to the funding requirements and for the purposes of this Mentoring Programme, those eligible to apply will
- need to have graduated within the past five years (2010-2014) from any New Zealand tertiary institution and be
- based in Auckland for the duration of the programme.
- Applicants must not be partaking in any form of study in 2015
- Applicants must be available to commit fully in both time and energy to the programme throughout 2015
Applications are available on request from the Artists Alliance office:
1 Ponsonby Road
Newton, Auckland 1011
Deadline for Applications
Applications must be completed in full and returned to Artists Alliance in digital format later than 4pm Friday November
What is Artists Alliance?
Artists Alliance is the national organisation for visual artists. Established in 1991, Artists Alliance has represented and advanced the professional interests of the visual artists of Aotearoa/New Zealand for 20 years. In providing resources, career advice, networks and advocacy Artists Alliance is the trusted source of information for the visual arts sector. To learn more go to the website: www.artistsalliance.org.nz
Artists Alliance is a not-for-profit organisation which receives funding from the ASB Community Trust, Auckland Council and Creative New Zealand. The organisation also receives valuable income from their members and other stakeholders