Artists Alliance is Now Calling for Residency Proposals
17 Jun 2011
In an introductory project, we are reconfiguring our office spaces to offer a 7-week residency (Sept 1 – Oct 23) for an artist to work within our Ponsonby Road based Auckland studios.
The relative short term of the residency is designed so an applicant can use the space to spend a highly concentrated period of inquiry and focus on work that is in a nascent stage.
As a part of this residency we are offering a rent-free studio space (of the dimensions 4x 4m2 approx.) in a private lockable office with 24 hour access. The space is wired and internet connected with a table and chair.
The proximity of the resident artist’s studio to our team members means the applicant is encouraged to use Artists Alliance itself as a resource. As dedication to this idea we will offer the resident artist the opportunity to be paired to other cultural producers within the contemporary art community in Auckland.
Applicants are encouraged to explore how these resources could manifest, however examples may include:
- To request art writing or criticism to accompany the residency or its outcome.
- To request an informal critique or discussion with another practitioner.
- To provide professional photographic documentation or cataloguing of the work
- To conduct an external researcher to prepare any relevant material for the project.
While the outcome is determinable by the artist, the residency will conclude with an opportunity to engage with Art Week Auckland during October 13 – 23, 2011.
- Please include a CV, with exhibition history and images of your recent work. (Please keep image file size to best quality minimum. Applications should be no larger than 2 MBs)
- Provide a detailed plan on how you may use the residency period in approximately 500 words.
- A 200 word indication of how Artists Alliance may assist your project.
Applications Close: Friday July 8, @ 4 pm.
Successful applicant notified no later than August 1, 2011.
Please email digital applications to email@example.com
Deliver hard copies to:
1 Ponsonby Road,
This residency is generously supported by Creative New Zealand