Partnership Incentive Fund 2019
This fund supports arts organisations to diversify their income, increase support from donors and business partnerships and develop their fundraising capability. It is part of the Arts Philanthropy and Partnerships Programme for investment clients.
- Find out who got funded recently
Up to $100,000
5 Apr 2019
To be eligible for this funding, applicants must:
- be Creative New Zealand investment clients
- be registered as a New Zealand charity or have donee status with Inland Revenue – Te Tari Taake
- have a fundraising strategy for their organisation and a relationship management plan for the donor/sponsor
- provide written confirmation from the donor that:
- The donation/sponsorship is either new to the organisation or increased from that of previous years.
- This Fund was used to incentivise this donation/sponsorship.
- The donor/sponsor funds were pledged between 1 October 2018 and 5th April 2019. (Note that grants will be uplifted only on receipt of a bank statement verifying the funds are in your organisation’s bank account).
In addition, applications must meet the following criteria:
- Grants will be made only to the arts organisation applying, not to individuals.
- Only one application per organisation per funding round. This includes charitable trusts and foundations affiliated with organisations.
- Only one donation per organisation can be matched.
- Applications must be for a single amount inclusive of and in-between:
- a minimum donation or sponsorship of $5,000 to be matched and;
- a maximum donation or sponsorship of $20,000 to be matched.
- Applications must be for matching donations or sponsorships pledged between 1 October 2018 and 5 April 2019.
Up to $100,000 is available for the fund in the year ending 30 June 2019.
Incentive grants will match:
- new donations received from first-time donors to an organisation on a $1: $1 basis
- new business sponsorships or donations to an organisation on a $1: $1 basis
- existing donations/sponsorships if confirmed contributions have increased from previous years on a $1: $1 basis. If the donation/sponsorship is from an existing donor/sponsor, Creative New Zealand will only fund the value of the increased portion
- the equivalent of one year’s investment for multi-year donations or sponsorships.
What’s not funded
- Grants may not be sought to purchase services from donors or sponsors.
- Grants received from community trusts and foundations. Donations received from private foundations or living individuals through a family trust are eligible.
- Funds received via crowdfunding. The purpose of this fund is to incentivise strategic, long-term partnerships, not to assist in meeting a project based revenue goal.
- Multiple donations/sponsorships of lesser amounts than $5,000 and which total the minimum single donation of $5,000.
How to apply
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 5 April 2019.
What we assess your application on
Is it a strong idea? We look for the following indicators:
- The donation/sponsorship is significant for the organisation at this time.
- The plan of engagement with the donor/sponsor was well developed and implemented.
- The organisation’s fundraising plan is clear and long-term.
- This donation/sponsorship is aligned with the organisation’s fundraising plan.
Does it deliver Creative New Zealand outcomes? We look for the following indicators:
- There is a strong indication that this Fund incentivised a new or increased donation/sponsorship.
- There is potential for this donation/sponsorship to have a long term positive impact on the organisation’s income stream.
- This donation/sponsorship will leverage the organisation’s long term relationships within the community or with key stakeholders.
Our assessors use the following assessment scale to score idea and strategic fit.
7---Excellent - exceeds all indicators
6---Very good - satisfies all indicators and exceeds in more than one
5---Good - satisfies all indicators and exceeds in one
4---Acceptable - satisfies all indicators
3---Minor reservations - satisfies most indicators however there are minor reservations
2---Major reservations - satisfies some indicators however there are major reservations
1---Unacceptable - does not meet the indicators
Who assesses your application
An external peer assessor will assess your application. Pasifika or Māori artists and practitioners are involved in assessing applications from Pacific or Māori applicants. Recommendations are made to Creative New Zealand’s Senior Manager of Arts Development for a decision.
Nominate peer assessors for our funding programmes
You can nominate external peer assessors, whose role is to evaluate a range of applications made for our funding programmes and initiatives against specific criteria.
We will email all applicants their result nine weeks after the application closing date. We will notify applicants on Friday 17 May 2019.
At the same time, we list successful applicants on Results of our work
If you are successful we also will email you about your:
- funding agreement
- payment schedule
- reporting requirements.
A project completion report is required within 12 weeks of the project end date using the report template. To be considered for further funding, your report needs to be submitted on time.
For more information or advice:
- phone 0800 273 284
- email firstname.lastname@example.org