Nui te Kōrero 2019
Nui te Kōrero is our annual capability building event. It’s where managers, leaders, producers, marketers and administrators working in the arts gather for a conversation about how to better engage with and understand their audiences.
Up to 150 places are available on a first-come-first-served basis. We welcome multiple registrations and aim to include a wide range of arts organisations. Priority will be given to those in our Toi Tōtara Haemata and Toi Uru Kahikatea investment programmes.
When: Thursday 13 & Friday 14 June 2019
Time: 9.00am - 6.00pm (Thursday) & 9.30am - 1.00pm (Friday)
Where: Harbourside Function Centre, Wellington
About Nui te Kōrero 2019
The 2019 conference will examine why relevance in the arts is important and how partnerships within and outside of the arts sector can provide a platform for change. It will also focus on key findings from the New Zealanders and the Arts and Audience Atlas research, including how can we respond to the challenge of providing access and equity to quality arts experiences to all New Zealanders, regardless of gender, age or location?
Programme sessions will include topics and questions such as:
- Engaging with under-represented communities.
- Having meaningful and courageous conversations about racial equity.
- What are the changing expectations of young people and how do we involve them and tap into their potential?
- What is the board’s role in leading and achieving greater inclusion and engagement with diverse communities?
- Innovative ways of working to extend the reach of the arts.
- Telling your story in a digital world.
- How arts organisations can increase their relevance and cultivate the next generation of donors.
- New subscription and pricing models.
Guest speakers will engage with this kaupapa from unique perspectives - see our full list of speakers here, and the at a glance timetable. These ideas will also be explored through a combination of participatory and interactive sessions and breakouts. The aim of these sessions is to provide practical takeaways and tools to facilitate strategic change, referring to New Zealand case studies and best practice from a diverse range of arts organisations.
- Early bird ticket (book by 15 May) $225 plus GST per person
- Full price $265 plus GST per person
- Up to three places are available per organisation and we encourage organisations to give one place to a young member of staff for professional development.
- Email Stephanie Lees to find out more about registering.
“Thank you Creative New Zealand for a wholly insightful & stimulating day devoted to discussion on the future of the Arts in Aotearoa.”
- Nui te Kōrero 2018 delegate
For further information email Stephanie Lees