Internship - Auckland Art Fair
1 Dec 2010
The Artists Alliance Internship Programme 2011 is now calling for applications from recent graduates for a fixed term, paid internship with the Auckland Art Fair. The aim of the programme is to provide a valuable opportunity for graduates to obtain significant work experience in the art industry. The programme has been made possible with generous funding from the ASB Community Trust.
Auckland Art Fair is New Zealand’s premier contemporary art event. The biennial fair features 40 of NZ and Australia’s leading galleries and the region’s top artists and attracts visitors from all over the Pacific Rim.
The fair was established in 2005 by The NZ Contemporary Art Trust, a charitable organisation set up to encourage understanding of contemporary art through public education.
The fair is overseen by a board comprised of professionals from within the arts and the wider community including Jennifer Buckley, who was appointed the full-time director of the fair in 2008.
For the purposes of this pilot internship programme those eligible to apply will need to have graduated within the past three years (2008, 2009, 2010) from an Auckland tertiary institution that holds current Artists Alliance Membership. The following institutions are members of Artists Alliance:
- AUT University, School of Art and Design
- Elam School of Fine Arts
- UNITEC School of Design
- Whitecliffe College of Arts & Design
Project Administrator/ Assistant
Reporting to/working with: Jennifer Buckley
Tasks / Key Responsibilities
Tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Database maintenance and development
- Communications management (Emails, Facebook/Twitter/website updates)
- Office administration – mailouts, filing, documentation
- Liaising with VIP guests, sponsors and other art fair project contractors
- Attendance of meetings as required
- Project assistance will also extend to assisting OREXART (same office) with office administration and communications
- an excellent communicator
- internet savvy and capable
- highly computer literate (Microsoft Office and Photoshop)
- familiar with graphic design programmes
- flexible and adaptable
- good writing skills
- people oriented and personable
- professional in work ethic and presentation
Timeframe & Remuneration
The internship will consist of a fixed term contract for (Approximately) 30 hours per week over 6 months. Beginning February 14, 2011 through August 12, 2011. Remuneration will be $16 per hour.
How to Apply
Please send your CV including two referees and a covering letter explaining why you think you would be suitable for the above position to:
1 Ponsonby Road
Newton, Auckland 1011
Or email: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications
Applications must be completed in full and returned to the Artists Alliance office (details above) no later than 4pm Monday December 13, 2010.
What is Artists Alliance?
Artists Alliance is the national organisation for visual artists. Established in 1991, Artists Alliance has represented and advanced the professional interests of the visual artists of Aotearoa/New Zealand for 20 years. In providing resources, career advice, networks and advocacy Artists Alliance is the trusted source of information for the visual arts sector. To learn more go to the website: www.artistsalliance.org.nz
Artists Alliance receives significant funding from Creative New Zealand and ASB Community Trust.