Funding available for community arts projects
6 Oct 2017
Arts organisations looking for a funding boost for community arts project could get up to two-thirds of their costs covered through a fund recently announced by the New Zealand Lottery Grants Board.
The Lottery Significant Projects Fund (LSPF) has allocated $20 million to community projects, including arts and culture, and is seeking expressions of interest via the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA).
If you think your project might qualify submit an expression of interest to find out if it meets the criteria and priorities of the fund. You can get advice from a DIA advisor before you apply.
Expressions of interests must be submitted by 29 November 2017.
- be for a community purpose for public use in New Zealand
- have a total project cost of $3 million or more
- have secured at least one third of the total cost in partnership funding
- meet all resource consent requirements
- show how the finished project will provide regional and/or national benefits or outcomes in arts, culture or heritage.
Priority will be given to those projects that clearly demonstrate regional and or national impacts and those that can show they are ready for implementation.
Complete proposals can be submitted between 24 January, 2018 and 21 March, 2018. Successful applications will be decided in June 2018.
More information on the Lottery Significant Projects Fund is on the Community Matters website or contact DIA on 0800 824 824 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For tips on how to demonstrate the benefits of your arts project check out our Advocacy Toolkit.