Call for New Zealand applications to the 9th Australian Performing Arts Market (APAM)
30 Jun 2009
The 9th Australian Performing Arts Market (APAM) will be held in Adelaide from 22-26 February 2010 to coincide with the Adelaide Bank Festival of Arts and the Adelaide Fringe.
Creative New Zealand is delighted to announce that, in partnership with the Australia Council for the Arts, we will be supporting a co-ordinated New Zealand presence.
APAM is a biennial event that offers a fantastic opportunity to showcase a selection of New Zealand performing arts to international programme-makers. It also allows New Zealand artists and companies a chance to develop international contacts and identify potential markets and audiences for their work.
Around 400 key delegates from over 25 countries attend APAM’s vibrant Spotlight showcase, Searchlight pitch sessions, On Display booths, industry forums, workshops, keynote address and networking functions.
To be considered for an APAM Spotlight or Searchlight showcase, works must have a distinctively New Zealand quality, be of a very high standard and appropriate for the market. To be considered for a Spotlight showcase works must have been toured in New Zealand for at least two seasons.
How to apply
How to apply for a Spotlight
To apply for a spotlight showcase you need to meet all the application criteria and complete the application form: APAM Spotlight application form.
How to apply for a Searchlight
To apply for a spotlight showcase you need to meet all the application criteria and complete the application form: APAM Searchlight application form.
How to apply for support to attend the APAM as a delegate
Creative New Zealand will also offer partial subsidy for independent producers to attend APAM as delegates. Independent producers may apply provided that they:
- Are a professional New Zealand-based producer or self-managing artist
- Are available to attend APAM between 22-26 February 2010 (no date restrictions)
- Are promoting/producing work that is currently in repertoire, finished and ‘tour ready’ (having already completed a national tour that has achieved critical and box office success).
- Are in a position to consider any reasonable touring invitations that may arise from APAM
- Have a strong track record of p--roducing in New Zealand and/or internationally
- Are able to provide high quality promotional materials of the works they are promoting (e.g. still images, reviews, videos, CD-ROM, DVD)
Applications must include the following:
- Full contact details and a CV
- An outline of your objectives for attending APAM including your International market development plan
- Details of all the productions/artists that you intend to represent at APAM
- Details of any work you have submitted for a Spotlight or Searchlight session
- A general schedule for your visit eg. proposed meetings and a list of potential contacts
Deadline for applications
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com and must be received by 5pm on Friday 31 July.
Applications will be considered by a panel of Creative New Zealand and external assessors and confirmed in November. Please note that a standard condition of all grants is to complete a report for Creative New Zealand after the completion of the project.
If you have any queries, please contact:
ph 04 499 3584
You can also visit the APAM website: www.performingartsmarket.com.au.
Read more about this story in the International section of Creative New Zealand's website.