Partnership Incentive Fund
This fund supports arts organisations to diversify their income, increase support from donors and business partnerships and develop their fundraising capability. It is part of the Arts Philanthropy and Partnerships Programme for investment clients.
- Find out who got funded recently
Fund Total $100,000
20 Apr 2018
This content is tagged as All Artforms .
Applicants must the fit the following eligibility criteria
- Only Creative New Zealand investment clients are eligible to apply for this opportunity.
- Applicants must be registered as a New Zealand charity or have donee status with Inland Revenue Department.
- Grants will be made only to the arts organisation applying, not to individuals.
- Only one application per organisation per funding round.
- Applicants must demonstrate they have used the matched fund to incentivise the donation or sponsorship.
- Applications received must be:
- a minimum single donation or sponsorship of $5,000 to be matched
- a maximum single donation or sponsorship of $20,000 to be matched
Grants must match donations or sponsorships pledged between 1 October 2017 and 20 April 2018.
A total of $100,000 is available for the fund in the year ending 30 June 2018.
Incentive grants will match:
- new donations received from first-time donors to an organisation on a $1: $1 basis
- new business sponsors to an organisation on a $1: $1 basis
- existing donations/sponsorships if confirmed contributions have increased from previous years on a $1 : $1 basis. If the donation/sponsorship is from an existing donor/sponsor, Creative New Zealand will only fund the value of the increased portion.
- the equivalent of one year’s investment for multi-year donations or sponsorships.
What’s not funded
- Grants may not be sought to purchase services from donors or sponsors.
- Grants received from community trusts and foundations. Donations received from private foundations or living individuals through a family trust are eligible.
- Funds received via crowd funding. The purpose of this fund is to incentivise strategic, long-term partnerships, not to assist in meeting a project revenue goal.
- Multiple donations/sponsorships of lesser amounts than $5,000 and which total the minimum single donation of $5,000.
No organisation will receive more than $20,000 in total in any financial year, eg a cap of $20,000 applies even if you have a charitable trust and a foundation.
Downloads (application forms and criteria)
How to apply
Applications open for the 2018 round on 19 March 2018 and close at 5pm on 20 April 2018.
The application requires:
- evidence of the organisation’s charitable status registration or donee status
- evidence that the donation/sponsorship is either new to the organisation or increased from that of previous years
- written confirmation of the donation from the donor/sponsor.
- that donor/sponsor funds were pledged between 1 October 2017 and 20 April 2018 on the understanding that subject to contestability, the funds will be uplifted only on receipt of a bank statement verifying the funds are in your organisation’s bank account. Funds must be received by 30 June 2018.
- a description of the specific project, opportunity or partnership proposition
- a relationship management plan showing how you intend to maintain the new or existing donor/sponsor.
- a copy of your organisation’s fundraising plan (if available).
Who assesses your application
Applications are assessed by external assessors.
A panel of external assessors, with advice from Creative New Zealand staff and external capability specialists, will make recommendations to the Senior Manager, Arts Development Services for decision.
Applications will be assessed on:
- the potential impact of the donation/sponsorship on the organisation
- the quality of the relationship plan
- alignment of the donation with your organisation’s fundraising/revenue development and/or strategic plans
Results of applications will be advised on 1 June 2018.
At the conclusion of the grant period, grant recipients will make a project completion report to Creative New Zealand.
Case studies and information about the results of the Arts Philanthropy and Partnerships Programme Partnership Incentive Fund may also be published, in consultation with the relevant organisations.