Partnership Incentive Fund
This fund supports arts organisations to diversify their income, increase support from donors and business partnerships and develop their fundraising capability. It is part of the Arts Philanthropy and Partnerships Programme for investment clients.
- Find out who got funded recently
Fund total $100,000
20 Apr 2018
This content is tagged as Multi-Artform .
Applicants must meet the following criteria
- Only Creative New Zealand investment clients are eligible to apply for this opportunity.
- Applicants must be registered as a New Zealand charity or have donee status with Inland Revenue Department.
- Grants will be made only to the arts organisation applying, not to individuals.
- Only one application per organisation per funding round. This includes charitable trusts and foundations affiliated with organisations.
- Applicants must demonstrate they have used the matched fund to incentivise the donation or sponsorship.
- Applications must be for amounts in-between:
- a minimum single donation or sponsorship of $5,000 to be matched and;
- a maximum single donation or sponsorship of $20,000 to be matched.
- Applications must be for matching donations or sponsorships pledged between 1 October 2017 and 20 April 2018.
- Have a fundraising strategy for their organisation and a relationship management plan for the donor/sponsor.
A total of $100,000 is available for the fund in the year ending 30 June 2018.
Incentive grants will match:
- New donations received from first-time donors to an organisation on a $1: $1 basis.
- New business sponsorships or donations to an organisation on a $1: $1 basis.
- Existing donations/sponsorships if confirmed contributions have increased from previous years on a $1 : $1 basis. If the donation/sponsorship is from an existing donor/sponsor, Creative New Zealand will only fund the value of the increased portion.
- The equivalent of one year’s investment for multi-year donations or sponsorships.
What’s not funded
- Grants may not be sought to purchase services from donors or sponsors.
- Grants received from community trusts and foundations. Donations received from private foundations or living individuals through a family trust are eligible.
- Funds received via crowd funding. The purpose of this fund is to incentivise strategic, long-term partnerships, not to assist in meeting a project based revenue goal.
- Multiple donations/sponsorships of lesser amounts than $5,000 and which total the minimum single donation of $5,000.
Downloads (application forms and criteria)
How to apply
Applications close at 5pm on 20 April 2018.
The application requires:
- evidence of the organisation’s charitable status registration or donee status
- evidence that the donation/sponsorship is either new to the organisation or increased from that of previous years
- written confirmation of the donation from the donor/sponsor
- confirmation that donor/sponsor funds were pledged between 1 October 2017 and 20 April 2018. Note that grants will be uplifted only on receipt of a bank statement verifying the funds are in your organisation’s bank account
- a description of the specific project, opportunity or partnership proposition
- a relationship management plan showing how you intend to maintain and develop the new or existing donor/sponsor
- a copy of your organisation’s fundraising plan.
Who assesses your application
Your application will be assessed by external peer assessors. Recommendations are made to Creative New Zealand’s Senior Manager for Arts Development Services for decision.
Your application will be assessed on three criteria of idea, viability and strategic fit and each criterion is given a score out of 7.
- The evidence of ongoing communication between the organisation and the donor demonstrates a strong relationship.
- The donation offering is significant for the organisation.
- The plan of engagement with the donor has been well developed.
- The organisation’s fundraising plan is clear and long-term.
- This donation is aligned to the organisation’s fundraising plan.
- The organisation has the capacity to maintain and grow the partnership.
- There is potential for this donation to have a long term positive impact on the organisation’s income stream.
- The donation will increase the organisation’s business partnerships.
- The donation will provide opportunity for the organisation to grow its fundraising capability.
Results of applications will be advised on 1 June 2018.
At the conclusion of the grant period, grant recipients will make a project completion report to Creative New Zealand.
Case studies and information about the results of the Arts Philanthropy and Partnerships Programme Partnership Incentive Fund may also be published, in consultation with the relevant organisations.
For more information, please contact:
Senior Adviser, Capability Building
(04) 498 0716