Edinburgh Festivals Intensive 2018
A new opportunity supporting up to four NZ performing arts practitioners to travel to Edinburgh in August. They will build their capability by gaining experience of the Edinburgh festivals, viewing international work and building relationships with international artists, producers and presenters.
- Find out who got funded recently
$3,200 towards international travel (plus accommodation and festival tickets)
25 May 2018
This content is tagged as Multi-Artform .
Who can apply
As an individual you must be a New Zealand (NZ) citizen or permanent resident.
NZ-based organisations can apply.
If you are an overseas-based NZ artist or organisation you can apply. But your application must show direct benefit to NZ arts and you must have it endorsed by:
- NZ artist(s) currently resident in NZ and/or;
- NZ-based arts organisation(s) (must be well established).
Benefits and track record
To be eligible for Creative New Zealand funding:
- Your project or activities must directly benefit New Zealand arts, artists or practitioners.
- You must have a track record of experience and success — this means you must have:
- recognition from peers or experts
- achieved a degree of critical or sales success
- specialised training or practical experience.
Who can't apply
We are not able to consider proposals from organisations funded by a government agency, tertiary institution or local authority unless the proposed activity goes beyond the core or contracted activity for which they receive funding.
Late reports and breaches of agreements
We cannot fund you if you, your organisation, or key members of your team:
- are more than 16 weeks overdue with a report for a previous grant or investment
- are in breach of the conditions of a current funding agreement
- were in 'default' of a funding agreement and sent in a late report in the six months prior to the closing date for a new application.
Edinburgh Festivals Intensive 2018 eligibility criteria
- utilise the Edinburgh festivals to develop their international networks
- pursue international collaborative projects
- deliver an international project or tour-ready work.
Priority will be given to applicants who:
- have engaged with an Edinburgh director/producer/venue to collaborate on a project, including future presentation of work and exchange projects.
The Creative New Zealand Edinburgh Festivals Intensive is an international capability building programme. Selected delegates will engage in a range of activities to gain experience of the Edinburgh festivals, view a variety of international work and build relationships with international artists, producers and presenters.
The programme is delivered in conjunction with a number of Edinburgh Fringe venues who have presented New Zealand work. Delegates receive a bespoke itinerary with tickets to some festival shows and meetings with relevant cultural figures.
Up to four performing arts delegates will be supported to take part in the 2018 programme in Edinburgh from 13-19 August.
Creative New Zealand support for each delegate is:
- a grant of $3,200 towards international travel
- accommodation for seven nights in Edinburgh
- tickets to some festival shows.
Downloads (application forms and criteria)
To apply for this opportunity:
- Start your application online (you may need to register first)
- Gather support material (including your international strategy)
- Prepare a budget
- Submit your application online by 5pm on the closing date.
Who assesses your application
Applications will be assessed by external peer assessors.
Proposals will be assessed using the following assessment framework:
IDEA – The Idea is strong:
- the applicant’s key objectives are suitable
- there is demand for this work/artist
- the applicant shows a clear understanding of the international context for their work
FEASIBILITY – The project is feasible:
- the applicant has a strong track record of presenting high quality work
- The applicant has capacity to develop long-term international relationships
- The work is suitable for Edinburgh context and audience
STRATEGIC FIT – there is a good fit with the purpose of the fund:
- the opportunity will develop the applicant’s international capability
- this opportunity aligns with the applicant’s own international strategy
- the opportunity is likely to lead to the presentation of tour-ready work and/or exchange projects
7---Exceeds all indicators
6---Satisfies all indicators and exceeds in more than one
5---Satisfies all indicators and exceeds in one
4---Satisfies all indicators
3---Satisfies most indicators however there are minor reservations
2---Satisfies some indicators however there are major reservations
1---Does not meet the indicators
0---There is no evidence provided
Applicants will be notified of a decision by Friday 22 June 2018.
We also list successful applicants on the who got funded web page.
If you are successful, we will contact you about your:
- funding agreement
- payment schedule
- reporting requirements.
A project completion report is required within twelve weeks of the project end date using the report template.
For more information or advice:
- phone 0800 273 284
- email firstname.lastname@example.org