Craft/Object Art Curator to Munich 2017
To assist a New Zealand craft/object art curator to attend the Internationale Handwerksmesse and associated events in Munich between 8 and 14 March 2017.
- Find out who got funded recently
2 Dec 2016
This content is tagged as Craft/object .
Who can apply
To apply for Creative New Zealand funding, you:
- must be a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or organisation (overseas arts organisations or overseas-based New Zealand artists may be funded only if the project directly benefits New Zealand arts)
- cannot be a Creative New Zealand staff member or a member of the Arts Council.
Late reports and breaches of agreements
We cannot fund you if you, your organisation, or key members of your team:
- are more than 16 weeks overdue with a report for a previous grant or investment
- are in breach of the conditions of a current funding agreement
- were in 'default' of a funding agreement and sent in a late report in the six months prior to the closing date for a new application.
This opportunity supports the development of New Zealand Craft/Object art internationally by supporting a Craft/Object art curator to attend the Internationale Handwerksmesse and associated events in Munich 2017.
Each delegate will be offered a grant of $4,000 towards international travel costs and accommodation.
The annual International Trade Fair for the Skilled Trades ( Internationale Handwerksmesse) München and associated events, such as the Munich Jewellery Week, attract the world’s top makers, curators, gallerists and collectors to see new work and to meet up-and-coming talents. http://www.ihm.de/en/
Downloads (application forms and criteria)
How to apply
- Start your application online (you may need to register first).
- Gather artistic support material.
- Submit your application online by 5pm on the closing date.
What your application must contain
Your application must include:
- how attendance at the 2017 Internationale Handwerksmesse and associated events will benefit your curatorial practice
- how this opportunity will contribute to new possibilities (exchange, projects or exhibitions) for New Zealand Craft/Object art, including any specific projects which you are currently working towards
- your ability, including relevant skills and experience, to deliver on the opportunities that may result from your attendance.
You must also include:
- a copy of your current CV
- confirmation of your availability to travel 8 March – 14 March 2017 to Munich, Germany.
Successful applicants will be notified of funding decisions by 10 January 2017.
A project completion report is required within 12 weeks of the project end date using the report template. To be considered for further funding, your report needs to be submitted on time.
International Adviser, Creative New Zealand