Contemporary Jewellers to Schmuck 2018
Assisting New Zealand contemporary jewellers to attend Schmuck and associated events in Munich between 7 and 13 March 2018.
- Find out who got funded recently
$3000 plus accommodation
1 Dec 2017
Eligibility for support to attend Schmuck 2018
To be eligible for support applicants must be selected by Schmuck to exhibit as part of the Internationale Handwerksmesse.
Who can apply
To apply for Creative New Zealand funding, you:
- must be a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or organisation (overseas arts organisations or overseas-based New Zealand artists may be funded only if the project directly benefits New Zealand arts)
- cannot be a Creative New Zealand staff member or a member of the Arts Council.
Late reports and breaches of agreements
We cannot fund you if you, your organisation, or key members of your team:
- are more than 16 weeks overdue with a report for a previous grant or investment
- are in breach of the conditions of a current funding agreement
- were in 'default' of a funding agreement and sent in a late report in the six months prior to the closing date for a new application.
We are selecting contemporary New Zealand jewellers to exhibit at Internationale Handwerksmesse (at Schmuck) in Munich in 2018. We aim to support the international development of New Zealand jewellery.
Creative New Zealand will not be supporting selected Talente artists to travel to Munich and attend the Internationale Handwerksmesse.
Each delegate will be offered a grant $3,000 (plus GST) towards international travel costs.
Creative New Zealand will also book six nights accommodation (up to $1,200 per artist).
Schmuck is a long-standing exhibition that is part of the annual International Trade Fair for the Skilled Trades (Internationale Handwerksmesse München). The exhibitions attract the world’s top makers, curators, gallerists and collectors to see new work and to meet up-and-coming talents. http://www.ihm.de/en/
Downloads (application forms and criteria)
How to apply
- Start your application online (you may need to register first).
- Gather artistic support material.
- Submit your application online by 5pm on the closing date.
Your application must contain:
- Images of the works that have been selected to exhibit at Schmuck
- Your market development objectives for attending Schmuck in 2018
- How you plan to realise these market development objectives
- Confirmation of availability to travel 7 March – 13 March 2018 to Munich, Germany
Applications will be assessed by staff and external assessors, as required. Their recommendations will be subject to the approval of the Senior Manager, Arts Policy, International and Capability.
Results will be reported to the Arts Council.
Successful applicants will be notified of funding decisions by 20 December 2017.
A project completion report is required within 12 weeks of the project end date using the report template. To be considered for further funding, your report needs to be submitted on time.
International Adviser, Creative New Zealand