Asia Artform Exchange Research Fund
This fund supports New Zealand artists and practitioners across all artforms to research and develop collaborative projects with artists and practitioners in targeted territories in Asia.
- Find out who got funded recently
Up to $5,000 each for six applications
17 Oct 2016
This content is tagged as All Artforms .
Who can apply
To apply for Creative New Zealand funding, you:
- must be a New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or organisation (overseas arts organisations or overseas-based New Zealand artists may be funded only if the project directly benefits New Zealand arts)
- cannot be a Creative New Zealand staff member or a member of the Arts Council.
Benefits and track record
To be eligible for Creative New Zealand funding:
- Your project or activities must directly benefit New Zealand arts, artists or practitioners.
- You must have a track record of experience and success — this means you must have:
- recognition from peers or experts
- achieved a degree of critical or sales success
- specialised training or practical experience.
Who can't apply
We are not able to consider proposals from organisations funded by a government agency, tertiary institution or local authority unless the proposed activity goes beyond the core or contracted activity for which they receive funding.
Late reports and breaches of agreements
We cannot fund you if you, your organisation, or key members of your team:
- are more than 16 weeks overdue with a report for a previous grant or investment
- are in breach of the conditions of a current funding agreement
- were in 'default' of a funding agreement and sent in a late report in the six months prior to the closing date for a new application.
Asia Artform Exchange Research Fund Eligibility
Projects must be with artists or practitioners from one or more of the following territories: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan. These territories are prioritised in Creative New Zealand’s Focus on Asia strategy.
The project must not have already received funding from Creative New Zealand.
The Asia Artform Exchange Research Fund is an initiative for New Zealand artists and practitioners across all artforms to research and develop collaborative projects with artists or practitioners in targeted territories in Asia.
We are open to a variety of approaches, eg. residencies, internships, or personally organised itineraries.
The fund provides New Zealand artists and practitioners with the opportunity to:
- collaborate with artists and practitioners in Asia to create new work or to redevelop existing work which may result in a presentation.
- share artistic knowledge and techniques.
- exchange cultural knowledge.
- advance long-term creative exchanges and build knowledge, expertise and networks in Asia.
- contribute to the long-term development of international markets and audiences in Asia.
The fund provides seed funding for applicants to research ideas, identify partners in Asia and to scope potential collaboration projects. Eligible costs include:
- international travel
- research costs including registration/admission fees
Downloads (application forms and criteria)
How to apply
- Start your application online (you may need to register first)
- Gather support material
- Prepare a detailed project budget using our budget template
- Submit your application online by 5pm on the closing date.
Applications will be assessed by internal assessors.
Proposals will be assessed on:
- the creative team’s track record in developing collaborative, high-quality projects.
- how well the project provides opportunities for sharing artistic knowledge and techniques with artists or practitioners in Asia.
- the potential for the project to lead to a collaborative work with artists and/or practitioners in Asia.
- the project’s ability to develop on-going international relationships with artists and practitioners in Asia.
Applicants will be notified of the decision on Friday 9 December 2016.
A project completion report is required within 12 weeks of the project end date using the report template.
Senior Adviser, International - Asia
DDI: 09 926 5480
Mobile: 027 807 4221